Over the past eight years in Australia I have been involved with and/or support:
- Sydney CBD Rotary Club – with their many charities one of which is to assist people to have the right business attire to go for interviews. Another is linked with AIDS prevention research. Another of their many projects in 2013-2014 was to raise funds for the Salvation Army – Trafficking & Slavery Safe House.
- Ride to Conquer Cancer – This takes place between Albert Park to Mornington and then return. The 200km cycle ride is to raise awareness and funds for Peter Mac. Also, The Weekend to End Women’s Cancers benefiting Peter Mac. In 2015 I headed up the Crew marshals.
- Avner Nahmani Pancreatic Cancer Foundation – The foundation runs walks in many states and hosts dinners to raise funds for this worthy cause.
- Pancare Foundation – this is a charity close to my families heart focusing on Pancreatic Cancer.
- Team Vista – Led by Kerry Ann Frost and set-up jointly with her late husband Kerry William Frost, is an Australian not-for-profit organisation based in Moshi / Tanzania to assist those in the community that live in poverty. The team have assisted the young through education and setting up schools and older students with higher education to help break the poverty cycle. Parents of those being sponsored have been taught trades and and ALL give back in some way, sometimes by providing an extra piece of wood for cooking, but usually they come to help clean the school, help clear the grounds, help with planting crops, which we provide. Team Vista is a development organisation that believes in helping people living in poverty with a hand up – not a hand out. ….To learn more about their current projects and to see how you can get involved either click on Team Vista facebook page or the Team Vista website.
- The Freedom Hub – Led by Sally Irwin. The focus is to end modern slavery. Sally has over 10 years of working with survivors of human trafficking, in Australia and Europe. She launched the company in 2014 that specifically works to end slavery in Australia and rehabilitate victims of this crime and partners in the fight to end global slavery. The Freedom Hub now includes:
- A survivor school for victims.
- Ethical cafe and event venue.
- Ethical business services.